Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Miss Amy's House of Fun

I was so sad today when I picked Kyle up from Amy's house. He has spent so much time over there in the past few months that it was almost like packing up and leaving today. I only took 2 essentials...the potty seat and the car seat, but it was still bittersweet. He starts MDO tomorrow and she will be in school on the days that he is at home with me, so it may be a while before he gets to spend time over there. She's probably happy to have the space back in her bathroom and her car though! We've jokingly named her house "Miss Amy's House of Fun" which it truly is. I'm so thankful to have a great friend who loves my little guy as much as I do. She even happily welcomed him into her home at 6:45am this morning. Thanks Miss Amy!

I have a great class at school this year. It's a little different in that I am sharing a class with another teacher. She works on MWF and I work on Tues/Thurs, but the kids I have all go 5 days a week so they have both of us. In my opinion, I have the better deal since she has 17 kids and I only have 10 (6 in the afternoons). I might get to find that out firsthand tomorrow as my co-teacher has been home sick. I'm not too excited about possibly being called in, but my boss warned me today that she might be calilng so I have mentally prepared myself to be ready for work (real work!) tomorrow. I'm a bit sad because it's Kyle's first day and I had already made plans. But, I will pitch in when needed...at least for now since I don't know what I'm getting myself into!

0 comments: