Falling off
I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon...and the weight loss bandwagon...and the shredding bandwagon. Oh well! I know why I haven't been blogging - I've been reading the Twilight series and I am hooked. I can't get enough of those books. The good news is that I am in the home stretch now just a few hundred pages away from being done. I have forfeited many hours of sleep just to read one more chapter.
The weight loss bandwagon? Part of me is ready, the other part just doesn't care right now. There is so much going on with school coming to a close, spring programs, Kindergarten graduation, planning summer activities (and reading those dang books!) that I don't even give my diet a second thought right now. Throw into that a weekend away which led me to skip a weigh-in and well, you see? As of today, I am back down 1.2 pounds from my going up a couple of weeks ago, so I guess that's good. Especially considering that I'm not even really trying.
And the shredding challenge? I was so excited about it and then we left town and then we got new floors and well I just haven't gotten back into it YET. I will get there. The workouts are amazing. The pain is worth it. And above all even after only 3 days, I could tell it was working.
So there's not much new going on here. Kyle started swimming lessons if you can call it that. He refused to get in the water. Well, he put his toes in the water and then started screaming when I gave him to the instructor and she held him in there for the next 20 minutes. I had to walk around the other side of her garage to a hidden patio to wait it out. Listening to him have a fit about being in the water is so hard. He used to love it. I'm not sure what happened. I guess it will just take some time. We go back this afternoon (at which time I will hopefully finish that last book!).
And our floors? Our floors are INCREDIBLE. It's taking some getting used to the increase in noise level in our house. We haven't purchased any rugs yet and aren't planning to for quite some time, because, well who wants to cover these up? We had wood put throughout the downstairs. We left the kitchen and bathrooms tile but put wood in the entry, dining room, living room and master bedroom. The guys who installed it were meticulous and it shows. We love them (the floors, not the men who installed them, but they were nice)! If you live around here, I highly recommend Loom Craft in Spring. They did a fantastic job and we got a great deal.

4 comments:
No problem. We'll be around when you are ready to jump back on the bandwagon!
I'd love to see pictures of the new floors!
Hang in there on the Shred - I just started doing it to see what all the hoopla was about and I think it is GREAT.
Megan went through a thing about not going in the water (very short-lived) but I found that I had to leave the pool area, too. That way she couldn't look at me and cry for me. And, I didn't hae to witness the pitifulness. (I know that is not a word)
I know it's hard to stay motivated, but you can do it! And we're here for you when you decide to get back to it!
I gave away the entire set of those books. The twilight saga collection in hardback form. Ya should have registered.
I am giving away a Flip Video Camera tomorrow, you should stop in then and register for it.
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Post a Comment