Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Daze

So far I am loving summer. Granted we are only a week and a half in, but I am so thankful for the way I have structured our time thus far. I have planned activities (swim lessons and gymnastics) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings so we get up and get out of the house...and the kids get some exercise. Now if I could just get some exercise for myself in there, we'd really be doing great. Maybe that's what we'll do on Thursday and Friday mornings. We shall see...

On Monday after swim lessons, we ran some errands and then spent a couple of hours at the pool. On Tuesday, we found some friends at gymnastics that we don't get to see very often so I was very thankful to see them. I realized that I have not nurtured my friendships the way I should so hopefully seeing them weekly will give me a chance to work on that. Then we headed down to Houston for a lunch date with my bff, Marcie. Since we were in the Galleria area I decided to take the kids over to Williams Tower to see the waterfall. Katie loved it and Kyle was scared that we would all fall in. It was only 10 minutes, but I am so glad that we took the time to stop there. Katie had a t-ball game last night and then we went to DoubleDave's. We haven't been there for a while since Kyle can't really eat anything there, but we picked up a smoothie for him at the Y and he was happy as could be.

Today we had swim lessons again and both kids are doing a fantastic job. Katie is so close to being able to swim all the way across Ms. Colleen's pool. She's still having a little trouble with getting a breath, but other than that her form is great. And Kyle is getting it too. Ms. Colleen asked him today if he was going to be an Olympic swimmer when he grows up, but he said no. ;-) After he made it across the pool she looked at me and said, "Wait, he was crying at his lessons in April - what happened?" I reminded him that once Katie swam with him at a make-up lesson he was fine.

Now we are off to meet friends for lunch and then we have more swimming plans this afternoon. Hooray!

0 comments: