Monday, August 4, 2008

Digital scrapbooking

Digital scrapbooking? I used to spend ALL of my free time working on my scrapbooks. Then along came Kyle and there went the free time. So, a few weeks ago Jen mentioned a friend of hers who does digital scrapbooking. I had no idea what that meant so I took a look at this site that she recommended - Shabby Princess. Wow! Apparently I missed the boat because this is probably what I should have been doing all along. I am the one who will sit for HOURS on the laptop working on websites, newsletters, anything I can possibly put together on the computer just to see my final creation. And here it is - the marriage of my two loves, computers and scrapbooking! So it's now been 3 weeks and I still have no extra time, but I have started dabbling. I have not created any pages yet, but I have taken advantage of their free desktop backgrounds where you drop in your own photos and then use it for your background. I'm still learning my way around with trial and error because I am not about to sit and read the directions. So here are the two "backgrounds" I have created. Katie was so upset when I just took off the July one because now Miss Amy is no longer on our desktop. Sorry Miss Amy! Maybe at some point I will actually have time to design a page and get it printed out.

1 comments:

Joe and Jen,  August 5, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Have you seen the website Smilebox? It is along the same lines as Shabby Princess...they have all kinds of pages already made. You could spend hours there. I still haven't gotten around to finishing anything. Maybe some day soon...