Friday, March 20, 2009

Back to the Bazoo


Whew! What a week. We have been fighting illness in this house all week. All four of us have headed to the doctor and my pharmacist asked how I was doing and I for the first time in almost a year croaked out "I'm sick. These are actually for me this time." The bad part of it is that the combination of medications that I am on has been causing me sleepless nights which coupled with sick children has made for a crazy few days. I have been an emotional basketcase for the past two days to the point of near exhaustion. I told Derek today that I feel like I have a newborn at home again. Kyle has been waking up at all hours of the night for almost a week now. He finally told me last night at 2am that it was his ear that hurt. And yes, he has an ear infection confirmed by our Pediatric PA this afternoon. And we got Katie some heavy duty cough medicine since the one she's been on for 2 weeks doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Hopefully with the new medications they will get some rest so that I can get some rest.

Yesterday we headed to the zoo (after I had only 2 hours of sleep the night before). And this time around Kyle corrected me and said, "it's not the Bazoo Mom, it's just the ZOO!" Oh, thanks for setting me straight on that one. It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun. 6 adults were herding around 10 kids ranging in age from 1 month to 12 years. It was great; for the most part they paired off and stayed that way so we just had to do head counts before we moved. So here's the pics:

The kids (top to bottom, left to right): Makaela, Jackson, Katie, Kyle, Ricky, Jefferson, Chelsea, Lainey, Hope and Laela


Kyle and Jackson at the flamingos


Katie hanging out by the stroller...all day


Katie holding Jefferson's hand


Kyle checking out the orangutan feet


Jonathan the Great


a quick game of tug-o-war after lunch


the girls are dominating...


Katie LOVES snakes...obviously does not take after her parents


Kyle tickles Jefferson's feet


baby giraffe


Katie and Bethany


the leopard


one last group shot before the camera battery dies...


Gotta love the Bazoo!

2 comments:

Me March 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Looks like alot of fun! I hope you are feeling better -

Tim March 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

What fun it looks like that was. We use to take taylor to the bazoo all the time. We had a membership. now that I think about it, Will has never been now that he is old enought to appreciate it. We should go.

Praying you guys are over your sickness. Call us if you want to meet for dinner or something. We do have a bunch of CEC tokens that need to be spent. LOL

Love and Prayers,

Tim