Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I swear I don't have a newborn


Here I sit at 1am because I have already been awoken 3 times out of a dead sleep tonight. What is going on??? Little boy just can't seem to go to sleep. I am hoping there is not an ear infection in his future because we were warned in January that she was "watching" him for the next couple of months and if he had another one we were being sent to the ENT. While I know ultimately it would be better for him, I cannot imagine putting him through surgery for tubes at this age. A year ago and he most likely would have forgotten it. But now, he'll be scarred for years because he's aware enough to remember what those doctors may do to him. I pumped him up with motrin a little while ago, so hopefully that will get us through a few hours. We have to get up early tomorrow to leave for school because DH is gone and can't take little girl to school for me. These are the days I question my decision to have her at one school while I work at another...


Since I'm up, I might as well clear out the clutter in my brain so I can get back to sleep...My car went back into the shop today. I am so sick of looking at that little yellow light that doesn't seem to want to go away! Last week I started checking our loan balance to see how upside down we were, but the next day DH informed me that we are not buying another car. I had convinced myself that I would drive this thing until it disintegrated in about 10 years, but if they cannot get this emissions problem figured out I will lose patience. Thank God that the light stayed off for 24 hours last week so that I could get my inspection sticker. I love my car, but I don't love it today. Oh and the maintenance required light has started blinking which made me realize that it's due for it's 60k mile service. So I asked about that today and he said, "is it 4 wheel drive? because if it's not, it's only $329, but if it is, it's $417...oh yea, yours is 4 wheel drive." Thanks, there goes another $400. Go ahead, take my paycheck. Y'elcome, as little boy says.









2 comments:

Amy March 6, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

The good news...you have a great friend that took you to the Honda dealership, drank a margarita with you and took the responsiblity for the fit Kyle had at dinner!

NotinKSAnymore March 6, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

So true and thank you for that Miss Amy!