Powdered food and broken cars
Today is the first official day of my weight-loss journey. I came home last night (after eating 2 hotdogs and a cupcake at church - I figured why not?) to find a huge box on my front porch - I could barely lift it so just hurling it in the door 3 feet and trying to block the cat from getting out is going to count as my exercise for the day. I opened it, looked at the food and thought what was I thinking? So I got out the packet of information and decided that would be my bedtime reading material.
So this morning I dug through the breakfasts and decided that since today is an at-home day and I have time I would cook. I went for the eggs with cheese. I ended up making an omelette and it was good! I had some fruit on the side and was full all morning. Hooray! For lunch I had pasta parmesan with broccoli and a salad with raspberry pecan dressing. I was able to put a small amount of chicken on my salad for my protein too. I'm amazed that what looks like a small amount of food turns out to be very filling and so far quite good. Of course I still have my little cravings for crunchy stuff...chex mix in particular today.
So I've only eaten 2 of the meals, but I am pleasantly surprised. We'll see how dinner tastes...
Now on to the car situation - what a pain! I dropped it off since the emissions light was on once AGAIN and when I got there I asked about the maintenance required light which started blinking on Monday. He said that it's time for the 60k mile service and then proceeded to tell me that since the car is 4 wheel drive it will cost $417 or something like that. I don't even remember at this point. He called yesterday afternoon to tell me that they FINALLY found the leak in the emissions system (this is the 3rd time I've taken it in for this). Oh and he explained to me that he was able to turn the gas cap over an inch so I am obviously not clicking it when I put it back on. I said, I ALWAYS click it more than 3 times which is what it says to do. Apparently you are supposed to click it until it stops. Well then why doesn't it say that? I was afraid I would crack the gas cap that they replaced two weeks ago since it only says click it 3 times! He is such a jerk. Anyway, then the guy said something about my engine is lifting up too much when you accelerate from a stop but that should be covered under the warranty. However, what is not covered under the warranty are the front brakes which are almost gone (he said we could wait on the rear brakes until this summer - thanks, I appreciate that). My head is just ringing like a cash register at this point because we're looking at a $75 deductible, the $417 service, the front brakes which are $209 and then he proceeds to tell me that I need 2 new tires also. I stopped him there and said that's okay I will take care of that on my own. Then he explains that the warranty company is sending out an inspector to make sure that the repairs are necessary which usually happens within 24 hours so once they show up they can start the repairs. Thank God that DH is gone so I can drive his car this week. I seem to remember the last time I had a quote for repairs that cost this much on a car we said, make the noise go away (for which they charged $100) and we sold it the next day. Don't see that happening this time...

0 comments:
Post a Comment