Destin
We had such a fantastic time in Destin last week. We left in the wee hours of the morning (4:29am) with the Pilot as packed as it could be. Surprisingly, the kids did not fall back asleep for quite a while...and when they did, each only slept ONE HOUR of the 10 hour trip. Despite the lack of sleep, they were extremely well behaved and were great little travelers. I think the best decision we made was to take along Miss Amy and Miss Bethany (or Duffy as Kyle affectionately calls her). Derek and I got to relax quite a bit more than we would have if it had only been the two of us. They were nanny, cook, driver, disciplinarian (at times) and entertainment! It was great. We even got to have Thursday almost all to ourselves. It wasn't all work for Amy and Bethany - they took some time out to go parasailing and had an amazing time.
Check out Kyle's hat - anyone recognize it? I remember wearing it back in either 1984 or 1985 when we took a family trip to Padre. It's starting to fall apart, but he loved wearing it.

1 comments:
Wow! Looks like you had a great time! I cant wait till our next vacation. What a great idea to bring backup help for the troops. Im sure that made it more enjoyable.
Post a Comment