Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I did it Mommy, I a big boy!

Katie's out of town this week visiting her cousins, so I decided I would see if I could gain any ground on potty training. We do not have ideal conditions since I am volunteering at VBS each morning, but I figured I see what would happen tonight if we let Kyle loose in the backyard. We spent about half an hour outside trying to get him to go on the tree with no luck. Then I decided to try to speed the process along by giving him a drink. Once the mosquitos started biting we gave up and moved inside. He sat on his froggy potty for about 20 minutes but never went. I finally gave up and we left to run an errand. He told me in the car he was still clean and dry. So after dinner we tried again. Sat on the potty for a few minutes and then I asked if he wanted to go outside again. "I peepee on tree Mommy" was his response. So outside we went. And he walked right over to that tree and went! This big smile spread across his face and he looked at me and said, "I did it Mommy! I a BIG BOY!" We went inside and he told Derek about his accomplishment and then he galloped all over the house. So I let him put on his Cars pull-ups and he told me, "no pee-pee on the trophies!". It's just the beginning and we've a long way to go, but he was so proud so I had to share...now to just get him to go on the potty.

2 comments:

Tim June 24, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

Way to go Kyle P Patwick. We all knew you could do it. Welcome to the big boy club were your right of passage is the ability to pee on trees!!!

Too funny!

What a briliant idea, taking him outside where he is more comfortable and in his element. Takes away the pressure of the potty scene. We will try this with Will.

Joe and Jen June 25, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

How funny!! Is that what we have to look forward to? Men and the outdoors. Starts at a young age huh? And he has a perfectly good froggie potty. Silly boy. Congratulations on his accomplishment! Miss you!