Wednesday Weigh-In
I put on my jeans this morning and they're not shrinking. But I AM!!! I am pleased to report that I have dropped 4lbs since last Wednesday. It's not Biggest Loser sized numbers, but I don't live on that ranch and have a personal trainer trying to kill me for hours everyday.
The most difficult thing for me this week has been trying not to snack. I love salty snacks and I did catch myself late one night diving into a chip bag. But now I've started grabbing a baby dill pickle instead of a bag of chips. I am most proud of the fact that I made not one, but two Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes for a party last week (one for the party and one for my little guy who can't eat regular cake, so the version I kept at home was wheat and egg free. But neither cake turned out as good as the one I made for Thanksgiving. I used a different cake batter for the crust on both of them. While it was still decent, I did not feel the need to grab a slice of cake here and there all week. I've had one tiny little square of the one I kept at home, but otherwise have stayed away. Oh and that delectable cookie tray from last week? I got smart and had Derek take them to work on Friday. He left four cookies at home for us and I am happy to report that two of them are still wrapped up on that plate!

5 comments:
Four pounds is awesome. Great job! You should be very proud of yourself.
FOUR pounds?! You rock girlfriend. Go on with your bad self : ).
Four pounds is GREAT! Snacking is my biggest downfall too, but I managed to my snacking at bay this past week!!
That is great! What a wonderful kick start for you. Good job.
Fantastic job! 4 pounds is a great accomplishment. Be proud.
Dill pickles, huh? I never thought of that for stopping the salt craving. Great idea. My little weapon against sweet/chocolate cravings was Tootsie Pops! Nice and sweet...has chocolate...and keeps your mouth occupied for a long time!
Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment