Move over Italy, the Russians are invading!
My children have still been listening to their Italian cds during their down time recently. However, we now will be adding Russian to the mix as Katie opted to keep her new Russian cd instead of getting an ice cream cone at Chick-fil-A tonight. My little linguist. Maybe she'll be able to converse in Russian with Aunt Leslie someday.
Kyle shocked me today in the car when he counted to ten in Spanish. I guess they have done that at school because I know he didn't pick it up from me. It could have been a Dora episode I suppose. Derek and I just looked at each other in wonder. He surprises me everyday with something new. This week he renamed himself. I'll play with him and say something like, "you're a little stinker" or "you're my funny bunny" and he'll say, "I not a funny bunny, I Kyle P" to which I'll reply, "you're Kyle Patrick Rude." "No, mommy, I Kyle P Patwick Wude"!
This afternoon is the spring program at their preschool. I didn't realize until Friday afternoon that Kyle is singing in it also. Katie has been practicing her little song for 2 weeks, so I know she knows it, but I have no idea what Kyle's singing. It should be cute. However, his teacher let me know that his class will be singing first and then they will join their parents. Smart teachers! This should be interesting. Derek and I are scared to take him into church because we just know that he will be running all over the place. Hopefully he'll be entertained enough to behave. We'll be crossing our fingers. Derek keeps telling me that we aren't taking him to church until he's 6 - I don't think they'll keep him in the nursery that long! Maybe he'll surprise us.
Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:
Your little boy learned to count to ten in Spanish at Miss Amy's House of Fun! We were counting in the car last week and I was bored with counting to twenty so I decided to throw something new in the mix! He was repeating the numbers after me but I didn't think he picked it up! He is a little baby genius!
Hooray for Miss Amy's House of Fun! He may be smart, but today I really just wish he would behave for his mommy...
Post a Comment