Carrie's Wedding
What a weekend! I am exhausted so I am shocked that Katie is still fighting sleep right now. She's been up late (after 11pm) the past two nights and yet is still awake upstairs. We were privileged to be a part of Carrie and Doug's wedding this weekend. Katie looked almost as beautiful as the bride! Sadly she was so tired after the ceremony that she had a meltdown and did not participate in the pictures. Here are a few that I took...
Andrea and Katie
Bethany and Katie
The girls at the rehearsal dinner

Mr. and Mrs. Douglas and Carrie Downing
Katie being left behind by Jackson...oops! He told her that she should have run.
Mom and Katie by the yummy cake!
Being silly!
Congratulations Carrie & Doug!
This afternoon we took Jackson and Katie to see High School Musical 3: Senior Year...the movie EVENT of the year for the five year old that lives in this house. Katie got so upset at the end of the movie because Gabriella graduated. I would have warned you that this post was a spoiler, but I'm figuring that most of us are smart enough to realize that they are going to graduate at the end of their senior year, but for those sad few among us (any five year olds reading this), I am sorry to ruin the ending of this much anticipated film. Seriously, we left the theater in tears. However, as she was going to bed tonight Katie looked at me and asked if I would please go to the store tomorrow and see if they have High School Musical 3 yet. I explained that it probably wouldn't be available at the stores until Christmas. That apparently is not soon enough. The best part of the film for me was when Katie, who sat on the edge of her seat for the first 3/4ths of the movie, started singing (loudly!) along with Sharpay, "I want it all!". Couldn't they have featured a different song and video in the trailer and online??? The good news is that she doesn't like Sharpay and she realizes that she's not a nice girl. But that's not going to stop her from belting out the song loudly in the dark theater.

0 comments:
Post a Comment