Slow and Steady Wins the Race, Right?
So here we are again at another weigh-in for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans challenge Looking Fine for Valentines. Last week I told you that my head is not in the game. It's still a little accurate, but I have been at least putting forth a little more effort this week. Unfortunately I hosted a party on Saturday, attended another party on Sunday and drank this weekend. So I kind of skipped the weekend again - had chips and dip, margaritas, cake, etc. All the things I LOVE and should not eat. I did great on Monday, went to work out, ate well, etc. But then Tuesday comes around and I go back to work and back to bad habits. If we could just take Tuesdays and the weekends out of my week then maybe I'd be doing better!
My other mental stumbling block is that dear sweet hubby mentioned this weekend that he has dropped 28lbs. Seriously?!?! I knew he had lost some weight, but 28lbs? I am very proud of him but at the same time insanely jealous and ticked off. Why does it seem so effortless for him and so difficult for me? Don't get me wrong - I'm not ticked off at him. Just ticked off. And what happens when I get ticked off? I eat. I know I need to put down the fork and move, but food is my comfort and that's where I turn. I'm not excusing myself, just hopefully saying it will help me break that cycle.
I still lost this week which is good, I just didn't lose as much as I had hoped. I'm down 0.8# from last week. Baby steps...that's all I committed to when I started this. And now I'm off to go walking.

8 comments:
Eric's lost 20 pounds over the past 6 months - "stress" - not made any effort to do it. So I hear you!!!!!
It is so frustrating that men seem to lose weight so much easier.
I'm with you on the weekend thing. If I could just remove them from my week, I'd probably lose 20 pounds in a month!!
Congrats on your loss!
One of the many reasons to hate men! :)
Congrats on your loss!
ugh, men have it so easy. But give yourself some credit too, you still loss. That is awesome. Have a good week!
Damn Derek : ). Life's not fair, is it? We birth the babies AND we can't lose fast. WTH?!!!!!
OK, no more pity party.
You can do this and you will do this, one step at a time. Have you exercised today?
Call me next time you feel like comfort eating- you can vent instead and I will tell you to eat an apple and some yogurt instead.
Doesn't it just suck how much faster (and easier) men lose? It's annoying!
Great job on the loss this week!
Any loss is great where there is a couple parties involved. A loss is also fabulous when our heads aren't a 100% committed. You are doing great!
That is so like a man--to lose it so easily. Joe is the same way. I agree with Tiff-Stress. Too bad stress has the opposite effect on us. We eat more! Darn vicious cycle. Good for you for still losing weight with all the parties. Keep up the good work!
For running-try running for a minute then walking two or three. Whatever it takes to recover. Then run again. Start slow-for 15 minutes or so. Then you can build up your endurance! Don't give up!! It is addicting.
Post a Comment