Thursday, January 1, 2009

I skipped it...

Let's see I could say that it was an accident that I didn't post or weigh-in yesterday, but that wouldn't be truthful. I actually did weigh-in but I wasn't satisfied with the results so I chose not to check in with the sisters. But I have decided that what is done, is done and I am only lying to myself if I don't. I gained .2lbs, yes there is a point in front of that 2, so it's really not that big of a deal but I still wasn't happy about it. It didn't help that I ate king ranch chicken for dinner the night before.

So today we start fresh right? Well I don't usually keep my resolutions so a few years back I resolved not to make New Year's Resolutions anymore. And that's one that I have kept. I am continuing on my journey to a more healthful body, 5lbs at a time. Sadly today I have hindered that journey more than helped it. I made broccoli rice casserole...and since I had to break open that big hunk of velveeta I thought I'd go ahead and make some queso too. I also am on a quest to find the best wheat-free, egg-free cake for Kyle, so I made a small cake today. After one piece I decided it was not birthday cake worthy, so hopefully the kids and Derek can polish it off without me. It's not worth me taking any more bites of it so I'm not too worried about that. But I feel really blah right now. When I think about what I have put into my mouth today it really grosses me out too. Chips, cheese, butter frosting, cake, triscuits and hummus. No wonder I feel like there's a brick in my stomach. I think I'll start fresh tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

0 comments: