Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-in

Greetings from the scales...again. The good news is I am still losing. I am down 1.2# since last week. The bad news is that my head is still not in the game. And I am only down 1.4# since starting this challenge. Nowhere near my goal of 5#. I am not taking this seriously AT ALL. I still am not exercising consistently. I am sort of watching what I eat, but mainly just at the beginning of the week. I have not had coke or pepsi in a while which is a good thing because when I ordered it twice this week it was disgusting to me and I ended up pouring it out. So I guess now I am officially giving up soft drinks, so that's a step in the right direction.

This weekend I am attending an Early Childhood Conference in San Marcos, TX. The good thing is there shouldn't be too many tempting places to eat - it's a pretty smallish town. But, I will be eating out for meals two and a half days, so that's never a good thing. I'm just going to have to be extra careful about what I order. It shouldn't be too hard, I'm rooming with two skinny minis, so that will keep me in check.

Now that I think about it, I did have the odds against me this week. I had free passes for girls night out TWO nights in a ROW last weekend. First I had book club on Friday night which included wine and dessert. And then GNO on Saturday night with the neighborhood girls which included wine, appetizers, more wine and dessert. I'm getting all my socializing in for the year this month apparently! This weekend is the conference with friends from work and next weekend is hubby's class reunion at Texas A&M. I guess we'll just have to be homebodies in February so I can lose some weight!

6 comments:

Christy M. January 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

I know how you feel. I'm so glad to be home without any plans so I can focus on my weight loss. I tend to just let my diet fly out the window when I traveling or going out, etc. I have the best intentions, but they just don't stick.

I hope you enjoy your trip and I hope rooming with skinny minis (I totally use that phrase all the time) helps with your food choices!

Me January 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

How did you do this??? It's adorable! I can't do anything beyound upload free backgrounds from websites. I would love to figure out how to make such an adorable banner - good work!!

Mary January 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

I can't seem to get my head in the game either. Maybe this week!

Sole January 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Your new blog banner is very cute!!!

Joe and Jen January 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Love the new look! Have fun this weekend and don't stress it!

Mommy Mo January 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

At least you are having a good time, right?! And yippee for the loss- you rock! Now get serious about it and imagine how much you could lose if YOU TRIED. I just might make you accountable to me for the exercising too. I can be your drill sergent/Jillian : ).

YOU CAN DO THIS!